North County Watch is an all-volunteer, 501 3c public benefit corporation, formed by a coalition of concerned citizens in 2001 to participate in land use decisions that affect the natural and human communities of Northern San Luis Obispo County. To that end, we engage in legislative, administrative, and when necessary, judicial advocacy to promote environmental sustainability and natural resource protection. Our mission statement: North County Watch is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization committed to balanced and responsible development in and around northern San Luis Obispo County. Its purpose is to promote economic and environmental policies that maintain and enhance the uniqueness of our community.
Our goals and objectives are:
- Compliance with General Plans & California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Preservation of Ag Land
- Encouraging Development within Infrastructure Constraints
- Protection of Natural Resources – air, water, trees and wildlife
- Advocates for Smart Growth
- Protection and Promotion of Parks & Open Space
- Preservation of Community Character
If you are interested in land use issues in the inland north county and
are concerned about the future of our area, please contact us.
Help Right the Wrong on Santa Margarita Ranch!